Opened in April 2004 and formerly known as Studio ON, Nerve Belfast Creative Learning Centre (CLC) is the Nerve Centre’s CLC in Belfast and is one of three in Northern Ireland (along with the AmmA Centre, Armagh and the Nerve Centre CLC in Derry/Londonderry).
Funded by DCAL through NI Screen, our aim is to promote digital literacy and the creative use of multimedia and emerging technologies in a range of contexts across the education, community and youth sectors.
We endeavour to build capacity within every organisation we work with so that skills are developed among key staff allowing programmes to remain sustainable beyond our involvement. Nerve Belfast CLC is inspected by the ETI and our activities cover the Belfast, South Eastern and North Eastern regions within the Education Authority and our programme includes:
- Creative and multi-media skills development programmes for both the formal and non-formal education sectors
- Continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for teachers and youth workers including training programmes, consultation, in-school/in-class support and resource & equipment provision
- The provision of training opportunities in relation to new and innovative approaches to the creative use of technology and key emerging/developing areas across the curriculum
- Long-term partnership opportunities for Primary and Post-Primary schools that are structured around school development planning in relation to skills progression and curriculum enrichment
- A range of accreditation opportunities for disadvantaged young people and/or young people with additional educational needs in non-formal settings
- Development and support for the resourcing and teaching of new qualifications including CCEA’s Moving Image Arts and UICT statutory assessment
- A varied youth and community outreach programme for young people of all ages delivered during school holidays, weekends, and as after-schools club
- Tailored specialist workshops, events & master classes