Running over six twilight sessions starting on 19th September, teachers will be introduced to the key techniques involved in shooting, editing and creating a film with a bespoke soundtrack. You will gain practical skills in camera techniques, lighting, editing and soundtracking using the latest industry standard software. As well as these creative and technical skills, participants will have the opportunity to share good practice and learn about the resources and support available for teaching Moving Image Arts.
This course is suitable for teachers of Moving Image Arts and Media Studies at both GCSE and GCE level. It will be delivered on behalf of Into Film by experienced trainers from Nerve Belfast who work in the local film industry.
The course will cost £15 which covers the cost of all six sessions, and you are strongly encouraged to attend all sessions in the course. All sessions run from 16:30 – 18:30.
- Session 1 – Camera and the Power of Shot Selection – Wed 19th September
- Session 2 – Editing and the Power of Cutting – Wed 26th September
- Session 3 – Sound – Wed 3rd October
- Session 4 – Lighting and Cinematography – Wed 10th October
- Session 5 – Creative Approaches to MIA Coursework – Wed 17th October
- Session 6 – Sharing Good Practice – Wed 24th October